Six peo­ple es­cape house blaze caused by can­dle

Harefield Gazette - - NEWS -

SIX peo­ple have es­caped a house fire in Hayes be­lieved to have been caused by a can­dle.

The res­i­dents of the two-storey prop­erty, in Frog­more Av­enue, man­aged to leave un­harmed be­fore fire­fight­ers ar­rived on Sun­day night.

Four fire en­gines and 21 fire­fight­ers from Hilling­don and Southall fire sta­tions were called to the in­ci­dent just be­fore mid­night when part of the ground floor was dam­aged in the blaze.

The brigade was called at 11.56pm and the fire was ex­tin­guished by 12.30am.

A Lon­don Fire Brigade spokesper­son said: “Can­dles are one of the most com­mon causes of fire.

“It’s re­ally im­por­tant that you never leave a can­dle unat­tended and keep them away from cur­tains and any­thing else that can eas­ily catch fire.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.