Four arrests in shooting of former drugs baron
All accused of conspiracy to murder dad killed on driveway
POLICE investigating the murder of Redwan ElGhaidouni, who was shot dead on the driveway of his home in Uxbridge more than a year ago, made four arrests last week.
A 36-year-old man was arrested on Friday May 13, on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and remains in custody.
A 41-year-old man, a 29-year-old man and a 34-year-old woman were arrested at around 6am on Wednesday May 11 for conspiracy to murder and remain in custody at separate London police stations.
A substantial reward of £50,000 remains on offer for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the person or people responsible for the fatherof-three’s murder in February 2015.
Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “Extensive enquiries have been carried out over the last year and we have made good inroads into understanding the circumstances surrounding Redwan’s murder, leading us to these arrests today.
“Our investigation continues and we are still very much encouraging people to come forward
“I would like to thank all those who have assisted us so far and I hope the large reward on offer will prompt anyone who has yet to do so to approach us in confidence.”
Redwan shot as he was fatally
sat in the driver’s seat of his car, on the driveway of the home he shared with his partner and three children, on Vine Lane, Uxbridge, just before 7pm on February 3 2015.
After the victim pulled into his driveway, he was approached by a man who shot him multiple times through the car window.
The suspect ran off through an alleyway that leads to Saunders Road. He turned the corner where he was caught on a CCTV camera before running in the direction of Dowding Road.
He was wearing a distinctive dark hooded top with a large logo on the front as well as dark bottoms, dark gloves and dark shoes or trainers.
CCTV also shows the suspect – again wearing the top with the large motif – in Saunders Road on numerous occasions on January 31 and February 2. It is thought these were failed attempts to shoot Redwan.
Officers are also still keen to hear from anyone who can identify a man seen an hour before Redwan was murdered, at about 6pm, standing on the verge by a telegraph pole at the junction of St Andrew’s Road and Vine Lane, opposite Redwan’s house.
Police have put out renewed appeals and the case has appeared on BBC’s Crimewatch.
DCI McHugh added: “As we’ve previously said, Redwan did have a criminal past and had been linked to drug importation.
“He had been released from prison almost seven months before his death but he had been working full-time at a car dealership and enjoying being a family man again.
“We continue to look into his background for answers about what happened but whatever the circumstances, his murder has left three young sons without a father and his long-term partner devastated.”
Meanwhile, Marwais Kakar, 34, was given a six-month jail sentence, suspended for two years, after hampering detectives investigating the killing.
On August 10 last year, Kakar, 34, of Great Field Drive, Uxbridge, was sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court to six months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, for providing false information to detectives investigating Redwan’s murder.
Call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 if you have any information.