Man treated af­ter early morn­ing fire at flats

Harefield Gazette - - NEWS -

A MAN was treated for smoke in­hala­tion af­ter a blaze broke out in a high rise block of flats in Hayes in the early hours of Fri­day Au­gust 19.

Part of a flat on the seventh floor of the build­ing in Sta­tion Road was dam­aged by the fire that broke out at around 3.15pm.

Lon­don Fire Bri­gade sent four fire en­gines and 21 fire­fight­ers to the scene and were able to bring the blaze un­der con­trol by 3.42am.

Fire crews from Hayes, Hilling­don, Heathrow and Southall sta­tions at­tended and the cause is cur­rently un­der in­ves­ti­ga­tion.

A man left the build­ing be­fore fire­fight­ers had ar­rived and was treated for smoke in­hala­tion by paramedics from Lon­don Am­bu­lance Ser­vice.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.