Man loses life af­ter fire breaks out in kitchen

Harefield Gazette - - NEWS - By Salina Pa­tel salina.pa­tel@trin­i­tymir­ror.com

A MAN has died af­ter a fire tore through the kitchen of a first floor flat in Hayes.

Four­teen fire­fight­ers rushed to the in­ci­dent af­ter a blaze broke out in the early hours of Fri­day Septem­ber 30 at a flat in Home­field Close, Yead­ing.

Paramedics from the Lon­don Am­bu­lance Ser­vice pro­nounced a man dead at the scene.

The Lon­don Fire Brigade sent two fire en­gines from Southall Fire Sta­tion, along with of­fi­cers, to the in­ci­dent just be­fore 7am.

They tack­led the flames for just over an hour with the in­ci­dent re­ported to be over by 8.01am.

A spokesman for the Lon­don Fire Brigade said: “A small blaze broke out in the kitchen of a first floor flat. Sadly a man was con­firmed dead at the scene by Lon­don Am­bu­lance Ser­vice.”

The cause of the fire is un­der in­ves­ti­ga­tion.

n FA­TAL­ITY: Fire­fight­ers were called to a blaze in Home­field Close

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.