‘Cold blooded’ killers given life

Harefield Gazette - - NEWS -

DIS­TURB­ING footage cap­tur­ing the mo­ments be­fore a young man was gunned to death in Southall was re­leased as his killers were jailed for life.

Two men found guilty of the “cold-blooded and cal­cu­lated mur­der” were sen­tenced to life im­pris­on­ment at the Old Bai­ley on Thurs­day Au­gust 30.

Malique Thomp­son-Hill, 22, of Burgh­ley Court, Maiden­head and Jer­mi­ane Paul, 23, of Aca­cia Av­enue, West Dray­ton were found guilty of the mur­der of 26-year-old Khalid Farah on Au­gust 23 and 24.

A third man, Joshua Folorunso, 27, of Sta­tion Road, Loud­wa­ter, was found guilty of per­vert­ing the course of jus­tice after he burned a car used in the mur­der to de­stroy ev­i­dence and will be sen­tenced at the Old Bai­ley on Septem­ber 10.

De­tec­tive In­spec­tor Garry Mon­crieff of Homi­cide and Ma­jor Crime Com­mand said: “This bru­tal mur­der has dev­as­tated Khalid’s fam­ily and I hope that they can now find some com­fort in know­ing that the peo­ple who did this will spend a lengthy time be­hind bars.

“This mur­der was a cold­blooded and cal­cu­lated at­tack with a firearm. To­day’s sen­tences mean that th­ese men will no longer be a dan­ger on the streets of Lon­don.”

Khalid was shot in the early hours of Novem­ber 11 2017 while sit­ting in his parked car with a friend in Lady Mar­garet Road. Thomp­son-Hill and Paul ar­rived at around 1.20am in a black VW Tiguan, which was later found to have been stolen and fit­ted with false num­ber plates.

CCTV footage showed a man, his face cov­ered by a hood, ap­proach the un­aware Khalid’s car and fire at him with a shot­gun. Khalid’s friend ran from the car and the gun­man briefly pointed the gun at him be­fore shoot­ing Khalid again and es­cap­ing in the VW Tiguan.

Po­lice and Lon­don Am­bu­lance Ser­vice at­tended but noth­ing could be done to save Khalid, who died at 3.32am at St Mary’s Hos­pi­tal.

Thomp­son-Hill and Paul drove a short dis­tance be­fore aban­don­ing their ve­hi­cle in a car park in Knowles Close, ap­prox­i­mately 500m from Paul’s home in West Dray­ton.

Folorunso was con­tacted and phone records show there were mul­ti­ple calls be­tween the three on Novem­ber 11. At 8pm, he and two other uniden­ti­fied males ar­rived in Knowles Close and de­stroyed ev­i­dence by set­ting the Tiguan on fire.

De­tec­tives from the Homi­cide and Ma­jor Crime Com­mand quickly es­tab­lished Thomp­sonHill as a po­ten­tial sus­pect be­fore ar­rest­ing him on De­cem­ber 2. His mo­bile phones were sub­mit­ted for foren­sic anal­y­sis, con­firm­ing who he had been in con­tact with around the time of the mur­der.

It was pos­si­ble to es­tab­lish us­ing the move­ment of his phones and CCTV footage that Thomp­son-Hill was in pos­ses­sion of the stolen VW Tiguan in the days im­me­di­ately be­fore Khalid’s mur­der.

On De­cem­ber 13, Paul was ar­rested for an un­re­lated mat­ter. He was found in pos­ses­sion of mo­bile phones where the num­bers tal­lied with those that Thomp­son-Hill had con­tacted.

Folorunso was tracked down later after a car he was trav­el­ling in was stopped. De­tec­tives linked him to both Thomp­son-Hill and Paul and CCTV anal­y­sis showed Folorunso’s car - with a dis­tinc­tive num­ber plate - be­ing driven to and from Knowles Close around the time the VW Tiguan was burned.

Khalid Farah who was shot in 2017

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.