Move of the month
The kettle bell clean and press.
KETTLEBELL CLEAN AND PRESS
The kettlebell clean and press is a powerful move that combines upper- and lower-body strength and power. It’s a complete workout, hitting nearly every muscle in your body.
HOW TO DO IT
● Bending your knees, pick up the kettlebell with your right hand, letting it swing between your legs (a).
● With upper arm against your side, use a pulling-up motion as if starting a lawnmower, while straightening your legs.
● Immediately use an uppercut motion, so the bell part of the weight ends up resting between your right forearm and biceps (called the rack position) (b).
● From rack position, press the kettlebell straight up to lockout (c), then lower it back to the rack position.
● Lower the weight to the floor by letting it drop smoothly into a swing without jerking your arm.
● Repeat on the other side.
Personal trainer Jean-Claude Vacassin owns W10 Performance Gym in London. He advises athletes, sports brands and film companies, as well as working in nutrition, functional medicine and rehabilitation. Visit w10performancegym.com.