Chip pan fire warn­ing

Hinckley Times - - FRONT PAGE -

HINCK­LEY fire sta­tion sent out ad­vice for safely us­ing chip pans af­ter it dealt with a fire in Bar­well.

Crews from Hinck­ley and Mar­ket Bos­worth at­tended a house of mul­ti­ple oc­cu­pancy where a chip pan had burst into flames in the kitchen on De­cem­ber 17 at around noon. All res­i­dents were evac­u­ated prior to the ar­rival of the fire ser­vice.

Hinck­ley fire sta­tion said on its Face­book page: “This af­ter­noon Hinck­ley’s crew along with Le­ices­ter­shire Fire and Res­cue Ser­vice Mar­ket Bos­worth have at­tended an ad­dress in Bar­well.

“Here we dealt with a kitchen fire that was started through an unat­tended chip pan.”

The post also of­fered ad­vice on how to use chip pans, in­clud­ing to use oven chips rather than fried if pos­si­ble, and to use an elec­tric chip fryer as they have built in ther­mostats and are much safer.

The team also ad­vised that should your chip pan catch fire, turn the hob off if safe to do so, get out of the house clos­ing the kitchen door be­hind you, get every­one else from the house, and call 999.

You should never go back into the house un­til the fire ser­vice se­cures the build­ing.

A crew from Hinck­ley fire sta­tion at­tended a chip pan fire in Bar­well.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.