‘Shock­ing’ death from lung dis­ease

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - OPINION -

A SMAR­DEN man who died sud­denly had been liv­ing with a dor­mant but dan­ger­ous lung con­di­tion.

Andrew Parker, 35, died on Oc­to­ber 31, af­ter be­ing taken ill at his home in Bed­lam Lane, Smar­den,

An inquest found he died as a re­sult of a rare ge­netic ab­nor­mal­ity.

The court heard how Mr Parker’s ton­sils, spleen and air­ways had be­come in­fected.

Th­ese in­fec­tions had sparked a lung con­di­tion which had been ly­ing dor­mant.

Record­ing a ver­dict of nat­u­ral death, coro­ner Rachel Red­man said: “This is clearly a nat­u­ral dis­ease process and one which re­mains silent un­til sud­den death.

“He was sus­cep­ti­ble to phys­i­cal ex­er­tion or in­fec­tion.

“This was a tragic, sud­den and very shock­ing death of a young man.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.