Soc­cer stars help kick-start cam­paign for CLIC Sar­gent

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - OPINION -

kmfm and five of the UK’s top in­ter­na­tional foot­ballers have teamed up to en­cour­age schools and clubs to take part in Kick for CLIC Sar­gent 2007, the na­tional char­ity foot­ball event that sup­ports chil­dren with can­cer.

Eng­land and Chelsea cap­tain John Terry, North­ern Ire­land striker David Healy, Scot­land Cap­tain Barry Fer­gu­son, for­mer Wales cap­tain Gary Speed and Eng­land Women’s for­ward Karen Car­ney have all lent their sup­port to Kick for CLIC Sar­gent and are urg­ing peo­ple to take part this May and June.

Now in its third year, more than 130,000 chil­dren took part last year, help­ing to raise £180,000 for CLIC Sar­gent, the UK’s lead­ing chil­dren’s can­cer char­ity.

Ev­ery­thing needed for schools and clubs to take part is pro­vided in a handy pack, so all that’s left is for them to or­gan­ise an event, which can be any­thing from a penalty shoot-out to mini tour- na­ments or skills com­pe­ti­tions.

Chil­dren get spon­sored to take part and, as well as en­cour­ag­ing them to care for oth­ers and help­ing to get them fit and ac­tive, their school or club gets to keep 25 per cent of the money raised. The other 75 per cent helps CLIC Sar­gent con­tinue sup­port­ing the 10 chil­dren and young peo­ple di­ag­nosed with can­cer ev­ery day in the UK.

For more in­for­ma­tion, or to reg­is­ter to take part, log on to www.clic­sar­gent.org.uk/foot­ball or call the CLIC Sar­gent Na­tional Events team on 08451 20 22 32.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.