Object is possibly mould, say analysts
THE mystery substance could be mould, according to Ashford Borough Council’s environmental health department.
Environmental health manager Sheila Davison said: “Our investigation is on-going.
“Initial examination suggests this may be a build up of mould that has formed due to air getting into the tin following damage to one of the tin seams. “It is not believed that the foreign object is a slug. “We cannot comment on what action, if any, may be taken until our investigations are complete.
“This can take some time as we need to give the manufacturer opportunity to examine the foreign object and help determine the cause.
“Our discussions with the manufacturer so far indicate this is an isolated case.”