WILLESBOROUGH Windmill is now among Ashford’s most popular tourist attractions. Built in 1869, the Grade II listed building forms a significant part of the town’s industrial heritage. It was a working mill until the sails, or sweeps, stopped turning in the late 1950s. It was then used for storage and as a home. A compulsory purchase order was served for the council to take over responsibility and restoration in the late 1980s. After spending £40,000 on repairs it was passed to the Friends of Willesborough Mill to run as a visitor attraction. The sweeps have been missing and under repair for more than a year. Now the work is complete and experts are awaiting a clear spell of weather to reattach them.