Dare­dev­ils ve drop

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - ON THE ZIP WIRE -

but that did noth­ing to en­joy­ment, with fam­ily riends cheer­ing on their urites tak­ing the 150-yard from the roof of the storey grandstand that or­mally the perch for television cam­eras.

it was like a bizarre scene from a film as more

ac­cepted the spon­sored di­cated staff who help tients in the hospice more than most how char­ity fund-rais­ing pro­vide the top class vice for those in their

Dare­devil

spe­cial cheers for the Hospice team of dare­devil ork­ers, plus a few friends, man­ager Tracy Bur­den, lliver, Dawn Wil­son, gham, Alison Wilt­shire, man, Lauren MacDon­ald, son, Jane Ben­nett, Clare Rowe, Joy Bur­den and took the drop, as hospice fund-rais­ing rep­re­sen­ta­tive, rais­ing

for her lone ef­fort. ef­fort came from half ulars, Clifford Bounds, rown, Lee Hover, Kerry Gary Lee and Daniel

the Nelson pub in Stan­hope, anx­ious to help the char­i­ties. There were many in­di­vid­ual tales of courage in­clud­ing Kara Phipps, from Hawkinge, who dressed as Won­der­woman to raise £139, and Donna Wylde from Willes­bor­ough, a home care worker with a fear of heights, who raised £125. As one of the event spon­sors along with In­victa Mo­tors and the Greenacres Sports Part­ner­ship, County Square Shop­ping Cen­tre in Ash­ford en­tered the chal­lenge with their own Mag­nif­i­cent Seven team. Led by com­mer­cial man­ager Frances Burt they were made up of op­er­a­tions man­ager Mick Webb, Dean Jones from cus­tomer ser­vices, main­te­nance con­trac­tor Dick Burt, and store staff Lauren Coules, Ca­role Cole­man and Leanne Aldridge.

Cel­e­brat­ing

The event was or­gan­ised by Avalon Ad­ven­tures. The Pil­grims Hos­pices, cel­e­brat­ing their 25 years of care for those with ter­mi­nal ill­ness in east Kent, will re­ceive 70 per cent of the money raised. The other 30 per cent goes to chil­dren’s road safety char­ity the Kent Walk­ing Bus Project. Or­gan­iser Si­mon Dolby said: “I am de­lighted at the re­sponse of the pub­lic and busi­ness to this Kent Char­ity Chal­lenge event. “We hoped for £15,000, so to pass this fig­ure is amaz­ing.”

pd1175824

ap­proval

pd1175823

Paul John­son is the first to do the zip-wire

pd1175809

Thumbs up from Ricky Archer

pd1175708

Mandy Schofield presents her spon­sor­ship cheque to Charleen Cornell and Paula Ray

pd1175825

Kylie Bid­dle­combe hangs on

pd1175807

Karen Rye takes a snap of her son

pd1175820

Mike Hud­dart seems happy to be up high

pd1175822

John Paul in­structs ev­ery­body be­fore they take the plunge

pd1175808

The County Square team

pd1175810

Com­ing in for a safe land­ing

pd1175818

The Hospice Nurses team be­fore they made the climb to the top of the build­ing be­hind them

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.