Chip pan warn­ing af­ter man res­cued

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - FRONT PAGE - by Mike Ben­nett

THE dan­gers of us­ing chip pans were high­lighted again af­ter a man was in­jured when a fire broke out at his Ash­ford home.

Two crews of fire­fight­ers at­tended the house in Lower Den­mark Road at on Mon­day at 9pm where the kitchen was alight.

One man was led to safety and was treated at the scene by paramedics for burns to his hands.

Fire­fight­ers used breath­ing ap­pa­ra­tus and man­aged to con­tain the blaze in the kitchen, half of which was dam­aged by fire.

Ash­ford Watch man­ager Mark Thomas said: “This in­ci­dent is an­other ex­am­ple of how dan­ger­ous chip pans can be and we ad­vise peo­ple to swap them for safer ways of cook­ing.

“On a pos­i­tive note, the res­i­dent did have a work­ing smoke alarm.”

FIRE­FIGHT­ERS from Ash­ford and Wye spent the early hours of Fri­day morn­ing fight­ing a blaze that de­stroyed three derelict build­ings on the old rail­way works site in New­town Road, Ash­ford.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.