Super prize is just the ticket for real ale fans
IT IS that time when real ale lovers again head for the Rare Breeds Centre in Woodchurch for some tasty treats.
The Ashford, Folkestone and Romney Marsh branch of the Campaign for Real Ale will stage its annual beer festival at the picturesque venue on Friday, June 1, from 6pm to 11pm; and Saturday, June 2, from 11am to 10.30pm.
And 10 lucky readers can win free entry tickets to make the event an even more satisfying experience.
Paul Meredith, chairman of the branch, said: “We regularly have about 45-50 real ales for people to try and the one we voted for as the best last year was Rother Valley Blues, a winter ale.
“We try to get beers that people wouldn’t normally see and we try to show off some of the Kent and East Sussex brewers.”
Local beers from brewers in Whitstable and from Goachers in Maidstone will be among those on sale.
Mr Meredith said: “I’ve expanded our cider range and this year we are having 16 different ciders to try, as well as perry which is made from pears.
“The Rare Breeds Centre provide a barbecue and we have got a folk band called Gumpf performing.”
Admission to the festival on Friday is £1 and £2 on Saturday.
CAMRA and the Kentish Express has a pair of entry tickets to give away to the first 10 correct entries drawn following the closing date on Friday, May 25.
Each ticket winner will also receive two souvenir glasses and two free pints.
To stand a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:
Where is the Kent brewer Goachers based? Is it: a) Ashford. b) Maidstone. c) Rye. Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope with your name, address and phone number to Beer Festival Competition, Kentish Express, 3436 North Street, Ashford, Kent TN24 8JR or e-mail kecompe firstname.lastname@example.org or text PINTS leave a space then enter A, B or C, add your name and send to 81800.
Texts cost 60p plus normal network rates.
Kent Messenger Ltd may contact you with related special offers via SMS/MMS. If you wish to opt out of receiving details on these offers end your message with the word EXIT. Your details will not be passed on to our business partners for marketing purposes. For quality and training purposes, we may monitor communications.
1. This competition is not open to employees (and immediate families) of the Kent Messenger Group or any other company associated with it.
2. Entries which are altered, illegible or not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified.
3. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost or damaged. Proof of posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery.
4. The decision of the judges, as appointed by the Kent Messenger Group, is final.
5. Only one entry per person. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
6. Entries must be received by noon on May 25, 2007 and names of the winners will be published in this newspaper. There is no cash alternative to the prize.