’Tis the season to stay safe
KENT Fire and Rescue Service is urging residents to stay safe this Christmas and ensure that the festive period is an enjoyable one. Ashford fire station manager Phil Rice, said: “Dangers include careless disposal of smoking materials, unattended cooking, overloading of electric sockets with decorative lights and careless use of candles.” He is urging people to book up for a free home safety visit. It will take about 30 minutes to carry out and firefighters will visit homes to identify potential fire hazards and fit if required free 10-year smoke alarms. They will give safety advice and help you make an escape plan should fire break out.