Eddie and Lenore’s golden celebration
LENORE and Eddie Rumsey celebrated their golden wedding anniversary with family and friends. The couple were married on February 14, 1959, in Outwell, Cambridgeshire, but soon found themselves relocating to Maidstone in 1964 for Eddie’s work. Another move brought them to Kennington, in 1972, where they have lived ever since. When they came to Ashford they started to attend the URC/ Methodist Church in Bank Street and still worship there with friends. Last weekend their celebrations brought together more than 50 friends and their children and grand-children. A celebration tea was followed by a lively barn dance. The couple had expressed to everyone that rather than receive gifts they would prefer donations to the charity Action for Children (formerly NCH). They have supported this charity all their married life and were overwhelmed by their friends’ generosity.
Golden wedding couple Lenore and Eddie Rumsey