Playful pup gets her head caught in a wine rack
rack in the hallway and the dog’s unfortunate approach of getting to them was to attempt to get through the wine rack. The family dashed out to see what all the noise was about only to find Ebony, who they got four weeks ago, leaping about wearing the wine rack. The gaps in the rack were the same size as the alsatian’s head and they soon realised they needed to bring in specialist help. They called the fire brigade and an engine turned up at the house. Eleven-year-old Elleanor Perry, a pupil at Homewood School, Tenterden, said: “It took one person to hold her down, my Dad holding the wine cage, me soothing her and two other fire people sawing – and even then it took half an hour to get her out.” An Ashford fire station spokesman, who may be more familiar with cats up trees than dogs in wine racks, said: “We had to use hacksaws, bolt croppers, tin snips and pliers to cut away the section.” Ebony was not hurt but slightly shocked by her ordeal. The wine rack did not fare so well and went straight in the bin.