Unat­tended cook­ing catches fire

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - Front Page -

A MAN fled from his house af­ter his kitchen caught fire.

The blaze erupted on his hob in St John’s Street, Folke­stone at 11pm on Tues­day.

Fire­fight­ers say the cook­ing had been left unat­tended but the house­holder had been wo­ken up by his smoke alarm.

He es­caped un­hurt but the kitchen ended up with 50 per cent fire dam­age and the en­tire house was dam­aged by smoke.

Two fire en­gines from Folke­stone were called out and crews were at the scene for an hour and a half.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.