Fault sparks elec­tri­cal fire

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - Happy Ending After Puppies Stolen -

An elec­tric­ity pole that caught fire re­quired the at­ten­tion of Ash­ford’s fire­fight­ers on Satur­day morn­ing.

The town’s Red Watch re­ceived a call at around 7.30am to a re­port of a pole alight in Nick­ley Wood Road in Sha­dox­hurst.

One ap­pli­ance at­tended the scene, with the crew work­ing for around an hour to cor­don off the area and make it safe.

Engi­neers from elec­tric­ity firm UK Power Net­works were also in at­ten­dance. It is be­lieved the fire was caused by a fault.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.