SHOCKED friEnDS in TriBUTE TO CHLOE, 17 Drug kills teenager
Exclusive Suz Elvey
A popular teenage girl has died after taking a recreational drug at her Ashford home. Chloe Wilkes, 17, of Tunbridge Way, Singleton, took psychoactive drug MDMA, the active ingredient in ecstasy tablets, it was revealed at the opening of an inquest into her death.
Friends of the former North School pupil have taken to social media to express their shock.
Almost 300 friends and family members have joined a Facebook group set up to remember the teenager.
Luke Payne wrote: “I can’t believe I won’t ever see you again. I love u so much! You will never be forgotten.”
Chloe left The North School last year. Executive head teacher Jon Whitcombe said: “These are a desperately sad set of circumstances.”
Full story, page 3
Chloe Wilkes, 17, died after taking MDMA