Fix our mast, de­mand an­gry cus­tomers

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - Front Page -

More frus­trated cus­tomers are calling on a mo­bile phone gi­ant to fix a faulty mast af­ter en­dur­ing months with­out a sig­nal.

Fol­low­ing our ar­ti­cle last week in which Gor­don Hard­ing, of Leave­land Close, Stan­hope, said that Voda­fone had ig­nored his pleas to fix his sig­nals prob­lems since June, com­plaints came in from other ir­ri­tated res­i­dents.

Betty Croucher, 79, of Hawks Way, said she and other fam­ily mem­bers had had prob­lems for two months.

She said: “I rang the tech­ni­cians ev­ery day for 23 days and got many dif­fer­ent sto­ries and false prom­ises. In the end I gave up. I can ring them and my daugh­ter can also ring and we both get dif­fer­ent an­swers.”

Last week, Voda­fone told the Ken­tish Ex­press that the prob- lems stemmed from one par­tic­u­lar mast, which it shares with O2 and re­quired re­place­ment hard­ware.

Laureen Far­rell, from Stan­hope, says that she knows of sev­eral peo­ple who are strug­gling to re­ceive sig­nal. She added: “A res­i­dent told me that they un­der­stood that the mast has been stripped of its cop­per. One man­ager of one of a lo­cal busi­ness told me that he has lost cus­tom, as he is not able to take calls ef­fec­tively via his mo­bile phone.”

David Rich­mond, from South Ash­ford, said: “They give con­flict­ing in­for­ma­tion about the faults. Just to con­tact them has taken up to 40 min­utes and af­ter you have ex­plained your plight to two ad­vis­ers for seven weeks you are pretty frus­trated. O2 have given me one months credit for the in­con­ve­nience caused so far. I did not ask for this, I just want my ser­vice back.”

Voda­fone spokesman Jane Frap­well said: “We’re sorry some of our cus­tomers in parts of Ash­ford have had these prob­lems. We’ve checked the net­work in Ash­ford and all the sites cov­er­ing the Knoll Lane area are tak­ing calls and han­dling data. How­ever, we have asked our en­gi­neers to carry out a fur­ther in­ves­ti­ga­tion.”

OVER­DOSE: Chloe Wilkes, 17, died af­ter tak­ing MDMA

PROB­LEMS: Betty Croucher

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.