Firefighters called to house where candle burned bright
Fire crews were called to a house in Ashford on Monday night following fears the front door was alight.
However, after arriving in Quantock Drive, officers discovered the blaze was coming from a single candle placed outside a house as part of the nationwide Lights Out event.
A spokesman said: “We were called at 11pm following reports that a front door was alight.
“However it turned out the homeowners had placed a candle outside their house, and someone had called us thinking it was a fire.”
After discovering all was well, the firefighters returned to the station.
By Ellie Crook
This tribute was left at the WW1 tank in Ashford