Fire­fight­ers called to house where candle burned bright

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - Lorries Slowly Destroying Grade Ii Listed Home -

Fire crews were called to a house in Ash­ford on Mon­day night fol­low­ing fears the front door was alight.

How­ever, af­ter ar­riv­ing in Quan­tock Drive, of­fi­cers dis­cov­ered the blaze was com­ing from a sin­gle candle placed out­side a house as part of the na­tion­wide Lights Out event.

A spokesman said: “We were called at 11pm fol­low­ing re­ports that a front door was alight.

“How­ever it turned out the home­own­ers had placed a candle out­side their house, and some­one had called us think­ing it was a fire.”

Af­ter dis­cov­er­ing all was well, the fire­fight­ers re­turned to the sta­tion.

By El­lie Crook

This trib­ute was left at the WW1 tank in Ash­ford

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.