Electrical fault causes car fire
Firefighters were called to tackle a car fire yesterday (Wednesday) morning outside a tarmac plant. One pump was sent to Lafarge Tarmac, in Watery Lane, Westwell around 4.45am. Crews tackled the flames in a Vauxhall Zafira after it caught light as the driver, a workman at the plant, arrived for work. The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in the car. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose to extinguish the flames. The driver, believed to be in his 60s, was not injured.