Chim­ney fire sparks warn­ing

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - Webb’s Of Tenterden Reopens After Fire -

A chim­ney fire at a house in Ball Lane, Ken­ning­ton, on Sun­day af­ter­noon was put out by fire­fight­ers. Crews also gave the home owner ad­vice about chim­ney safety. Kent Fire and Res­cue Ser­vice (KFRS) is urg­ing any­one with a prop­erty that has a chim­ney to have it cleaned be­fore us­ing it this au­tumn. KFRS is also en­cour­ag­ing peo­ple to sign up to the Clean Sweep Alert, which will send a re­minder to all those reg­is­tered to have their chim­neys cleaned. Go to www.kent.fire-uk.org/ clean­sweepalert

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.