Warn­ing af­ter saucepan fire

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - Night Lights -

Fire­fight­ers have warned about kitchen blazes af­ter they had to at­tend one in Ken­ning­ton. It hap­pened at Ash­borne Close when a saucepan was left unat­tended on the stove. The smoke alarm warned the woman oc­cu­pant and she was able to put it out.

Ash­ford fire­fight­ers made sure the scene was safe.

Watch man­ager Jim Smart said: “We would ad­vise peo­ple not to leave cook­ing unat­tended. They should also not try to put out a fire, but get out of the prop­erty and call us.”

For more about fire preven­tion in your home visit www.kent.fire-uk.org/your­safety/home-safety.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.