Fence blaze after bonfire
Firefighters tackled a fence fire on bank holiday Monday caused by an out-of-control bonfire. Two fire engines went to the property in The Pinnock, Pluckley, at 4.10pm after the blaze had spread to a nearby wooden fence. A brigade spokesman has issued a warning to keep bonfires well clear of buildings, garden sheds, fences, hedges and overhanging branches. He added: “Keep bonfires to a manageable size and evenly built so that they collapse inwards as they burn. It is also crucial to never leave bonfires unattended. If it has to be left, damp it down with water.” No one was injured.