Bath­room fire

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - Nuts & Bolts -

Crews were called to a fire in a bath­room in the early hours of Satur­day morn­ing af­ter smoke alarms awoke a sleep­ing cou­ple, who dis­cov­ered their home in Plain Road, Smeeth, was smoke-filled and their bath­room had been badly dam­aged. Two crews from Ash­ford at­tended the scene at 1.30am, spend­ing about half an hour mak­ing the area safe af­ter the pair had be­gun to tackle the blaze them­selves. Fire­fight­ers had to cut away the in­te­rior of the roof to check that the flames had not spread to the beams. The blaze be­gan from a bath­room ex­trac­tor fan.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.