Barn badly dam­aged by blaze

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - News -

Fire­fight­ers tack­led a blaze which badly dam­aged a wooden barn at a farm near Ashford.

Crews were called to Pook Lane, Smar­den, at about 3pm on Thurs­day last week.

The fire is be­lieved to have been caused by an elec­tri­cal fault.

Fire­fight­ers say the whole build­ing, which had been con­verted into a work­shop, was alight and se­verely dam­aged by the fire.

At its height, there were about 20 fire­fight­ers tack­ling the blaze, which took nearly two hours to put out.

William Gre­gory, 31, leaves Folke­stone Mag­is­trates’ Court

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.