Burnt food sparks estate blaze fears
Burnt cooking sparked panic overnight on a housing estate hit by a devastating blaze two years ago.
A man is reported to have overcooked food then opened his front door, sending smoke billowing through flats in Creine Mill Lane North, Canterbury. Fire crews were alerted and neighbours dashed into the street shortly after 12.30am on Saturday. For some it brought back memories of the devastating blaze of July 2015 which destroyed 15 homes on the Tannery Estate and badly damaged 29 more.
One resident said: “It is so horrible for anybody, let alone anyone that experienced the previous one. The response from the fire brigade was quick and they sent many engines in preparation for the worst.”