So­cial charges

Living France - - Les Pratiques -

In ac­cor­dance with the rul­ing by the Euro­pean Court of Jus­tice (ECJ), the French gov­ern­ment has con­firmed that re­funds on so­cial charges paid by non-res­i­dents can be claimed. Claimants must be reg­is­tered un­der the so­cial se­cu­rity scheme of an­other state within the EU, EEA or Switzer­land and have un­til 31 De­cem­ber of the sec­ond year fol­low­ing the year in which the charges were paid – i.e those

who paid in 2013 have un­til 31 De­cem­ber 2015 to claim a re­fund. How­ever, a new pro­posal by the French gov­ern­ment could see so­cial charges be­ing al­lo­cated to pen­sion funds in­stead of so­cial se­cu­rity, making them a tax ( im­pôt) rather than a con­tri­bu­tion ( co­ti­sa­tion), mean­ing that non-res­i­dents would have to pay them. If ap­proved, the changes could come into ef­fect in Jan­uary 2016. Claimants are ad­vised

to sub­mit their claims as soon as pos­si­ble.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.