Reg­u­lar Over­seas Pay­ments

Living France - - Les Pratiques -

If you don’t have a lump sum of eu­ros in your French bank ac­count, you’ll need to trans­fer money across to France to meet monthly costs and liv­ing ex­penses. This can be eas­ily achieved us­ing a Reg­u­lar Over­seas Pay­ments (ROP) ser­vice from a rep­utable currency bro­ker. Sim­ply spec­ify the date, amount and destination ac­count for your trans­fer. Your money will be au­to­mat­i­cally trans­ferred at the same time each month at a com­pet­i­tive ex­change rate.

This is es­pe­cially use­ful if you re­ceive a UK pen­sion, as most of th­ese must be paid into an ac­count in ster­ling. ROPs give you an easy way of get­ting your re­tire­ment funds into your bank ac­count in France with­out hav­ing to think about it all the time. You can also avoid the trans­fer fees high street banks of­ten charge, which add up to a sig­nif­i­cant amount if you send money over­seas ev­ery month.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.