How to maximise your marketing
• Make sure your website has up-to-date information. Include details of what your property offers (swimming pool, wifi access, etc), and also of local attractions and activities, giving the distances involved. Holidaymakers want to know what they can expect, and the more information you can give the more reassured they will feel.
• Take lots of high-resolution photographs showing it at its best, and highlight any features that make your property unusual or unique. Remember, this is your shop window! Make it as easy as possible for potential guests to imagine themselves staying in your property at any time of the year.
• Think about any niche markets you could tap into to appeal to a wider audience. Could you join up with other businesses in the area to offer special interest breaks perhaps? You could also ask at the local tourist office if there are any gaps in the market so you can offer the type of accommodation your area needs most.
• Special offers and promotions are a quick and
easy way to help your holiday accommodation stand out from the crowd. You could offer early booking discounts or incentives such as free airport transfers or free bike hire.
• Make the most of social media by setting yourself up on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and link these to your website.
• Encourage guests to leave reviews and include these on your website – personal recommendations offer reassurance and peace of mind to prospective holidaymakers.