Living room moves
No idea where to start? Give these poses a go…
Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
Reverses the effects of sitting in a chair for too long by developing leg strength and releasing tension in the hip flexors. Desk bunnies, this one’s for you.
1. Stand with your feet together, heels touching.
2. Bend your knees. Lean weight into heels.
3. Lift arms alongside ears. Look up.
Helps create an even distribution of weight. Tones arms, legs and abs.
1. From all fours, lift your knees off the floor and press into Down Dog (like an upside-down V.)
2. Lean forwards into your hands so shoulders are above wrists.
3. Reach back through your heels, up through your thighs, back through your tailbone and forward through the crown of your head.
4. Make sure your weight is on your knuckles and you’re lifting out of your wrists.
Flushes out the lymphatic system, stimulates the metabolism, calms the nervous system and tones all the body’s muscles. But take it slow and go at your own pace.
1. Interlace your fingers, forearms on the floor.
2. Place the back of head towards your wrists on the floor.
3. Straighten legs, walk feet towards your face.
4. Bend both knees into your chest and balance.
5. When steady, bring both legs overhead.
NB This can be done against a wall.