Macclesfield Express - - HOMES -

mak­ing any changes to a listed build­ing, you should con­sult your lo­cal coun­cil’s con­ser­va­tion of­fi­cer, as work that seems mi­nor may re­quire con­sent.

The of­fi­cer should be able to ad­vise you about what sort of work will be con­sid­ered ap­pro­pri­ate for the build­ing (and what won’t) and any con­sents re­quired.

Al­ter­ing, de­mol­ish­ing or ex­tend­ing a listed build­ing with­out con­sent is a crim­i­nal of­fence and can re­sult in a pri­son sen­tence and

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.