Macclesfield Express - - HOMES -

If the con­ver­sion can be done un­der your home’s PD rights, it’s a good idea to ap­ply to your lo­cal coun­cil for a law­ful devel­op­ment cer­tifi­cate, which is for build­ing work that doesn’t need plan­ning per­mis­sion.

When you come to sell your home, this cer­tifi­cate proves to the buyer and their solic­i­tor that the work is law­ful. ON ‘DES­IG­NATED land’, which in­cludes con­ser­va­tion ar­eas and ‘Ar­eas of Out­stand­ing Nat­u­ral Beauty’, loft con­ver­sions are not per­mit­ted devel­op­ment, so you have to ap­ply for spe­cial plan­ning per­mis­sion. The same ap­plies if you live in a flat or maisonette, as they don’t have PD rights ei­ther.

With listed build­ings, you need listed build­ing con­sent from your lo­cal coun­cil to do build­ing work, in­clud­ing a loft con­ver­sion.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.