Macclesfield Express - - HOMES -

I HAD a ner­vous break­down when my mar­riage broke up, but over the next few years I found a flat and took on all the mar­riage debts, in­formed the com­pa­nies of my new ad­dress and caught up with all the pay­ments. But now I find one of them has put me on the bad debtors list, which is pre­vent­ing me get­ting a mort­gage. What can I do? YOU should first of all ex­plain your fi­nan­cial cir­cum­stances and your past prob­lems to the peo­ple you’re try­ing to bor­row money from. It’s pos­si­ble they’ll be sym­pa­thetic and ought to be im­pressed by the way you’ve paid off your debts. You can amend any in­cor­rect in­for­ma­tion on your credit file by writ­ing to the credit ref­er­ence agency con­cerned.

Call SAS Daniels LLP So­lic­i­tors on 0161 475 7676 or 01625 442 100. Visit­daniels. If you have any le­gal ques­tions, write to Weekly Law and You, MEN Media, Mitchell Henry House, Hollinwood Av­enue, Chad­der­ton, OL9 8EF, or leave your query on the le­gal ad­vice line 0117 964 4794.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.