Man is found with head injury after bonfire got out of control
A MAN was taken to hospital with a head injury after a fire near a scout hut.
Firefighters from Macclesfield were called to the small fire on land at the back of the scout hut on Station Street, Macclesfield, last Thursday at 6.55pm. The fire grew from an bonfire which was not associated with the scouts. Paramedics from North West Ambulance Service attended after reports of a man unconscious at the scene. He was taken to Macclesfield Hospital with a head injury, although it is not known how he became injured.
He was also given oxygen treatment for smoke inhalation by the firefighters at the scene.
A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire did not affect the scout hut building and that no scouts were involved or injured.
She said: “It was a bonfire which got out of control on some land near to the scout hut.”