Macclesfield Express - - HOMES -

IT’S handy to have a roller with a screw-thread end be­cause this al­lows you to screw an ex­ten­sion pole into it for paint­ing ceil­ings and re­ally high walls, although you can get ex­ten­sion poles/rollers in one. do this on his be­half - the lo­cal au­thor­ity can refuse to pay them as this is known as de­pri­va­tion of as­sets. An as­sess­ment will usu­ally be made as to the amount your fa­ther-in­law is ex­pected to con­trib­ute.

For paint­ing be­hind ra­di­a­tors, use a ra­di­a­tor roller, which has a small head and long han­dle so you can reach down be­hind the ra­di­a­tor.

You’ll have to re­move col­umn ra­di­a­tors and heated towel rails to paint be­hind them – sum­mer’s the ideal time to do this job be­cause you don’t need the heat­ing on. ARE the so­lic­i­tors ex­ecu­tors of the will, or merely act­ing for the ex­ecu­tors? You should di­rect your en­quiries to the ex­ecu­tors, since they are ul­ti­mately re­spon­si­ble for the ad­min­is­tra­tion of the es­tate. There could be a num­ber of rea­sons for the de­lay: some­times it is dif­fi­cult to trace ben­e­fi­cia­ries and of­ten there is the prob­lem of sort­ing out tax. If there is a prop­erty to sell this might take a con­sid­er­able time. If you still get no re­ply af­ter re­quest­ing an up­date from the firm you may want to en­quire about their com­plaints pro­ce­dure. the land­lord telling me I wasn’t reg­is­tered with them as the new owner. I tried to con­tact my so­lic­i­tors, but the firm no longer ex­ists. My land­lord’s agents say I’m in breach of the lease agree­ment for fail­ing to in­form them. SEE a new so­lic­i­tor as soon as pos­si­ble to no­tify your land­lord of the change of own­er­ship. There’s a stan­dard form for this, to­gether with a small fee, and nor­mally residential leases re­quire the land­lord to be in­formed of a change of own­er­ship within one month of the change. There may be a small penalty ad­min­is­tra­tors’ fee to pay for the late no­tice, but as long as your ground rent has been paid up-to-date there shouldn’t be a prob­lem in car­ry­ing out the for­mal­i­ties now. CALL SAS Daniels LLP So­lic­i­tors on 0161 475 7676 or 01625 442 100. Vis­itwww.sas­daniels. co.uk IF you have any le­gal ques­tions, write to Weekly Law and You, MEN Media, Mitchell Henry House, Hollinwood Av­enue, Chad­der­ton OL9 8EF, or leave your query on the le­gal ad­vice line 0117 964 4794.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.