In

Brief

Macclesfield Express - - FRONT PAGE -

DOG TO RES­CUE

A DOG saved its owner’s life by alert­ing him to a house fire.

The blaze was caused by a toaster in a kitchen unit at the prop­erty on High Street, Bolling­ton.

Sens­ing the dan­ger, the pooch called to its owner who called the fire ser­vice.

Crews from Bolling­ton and Mac­cles­field at­tended at mid­day on Sun­day.

Two fire­fight­ers wear­ing breath­ing ap­pa­ra­tus used a hose reel jet to put out the fire, fol­lowed by a high pres­sure fan to clear the prop­erty of smoke.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.