An­gela Brown

Macclesfield Express - - HOMES - WIFE WON’T SELL FLAT DAM­AGED

Daniels LLP So­lic­i­tors I HAVE been sep­a­rated from my wife for two years now, and have a joint mort­gage on the house. Can I have my name re­moved from the mort­gage if my wife re­fuses to sell? She has had three buy­ers and turned them down. THE bank or build­ing so­ci­ety is likely to ob­ject to you trans­fer­ring own­er­ship of the house and the re­spon­si­bil­i­ties for the mort­gage to your wife if she can­not make the re­pay­ments on her own. You should per­haps con­sider be­com­ing more in­volved with the sale process. How you di­vide your fi­nances will ob­vi­ously de­pend on a num­ber of fac­tors, in­clud­ing your ages, your in­comes, and most im­por­tantly whether you have chil­dren un­der 18. Me­di­a­tion may be the an­swer, and will in any case be re­quired be­fore go­ing to court, which can be ex­pen­sive. Speak to a so­lic­i­tor be­fore mak­ing any de­ci­sions.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.