Gar­dener’s lucky es­cape af­ter weed burner sets fire to trees

Macclesfield Express - - FRONT PAGE -

A MAN who ac­ci­den­tally set fire to his gar­den has spo­ken of his lucky es­cape in a bid to warn oth­ers.

Frank Lowe was treated for smoke in­hala­tion af­ter ac­ci­den­tally start­ing a blaze with a gas weed burner.

Fire­fight­ers were called to Ar­bour Cres­cent, Mac­cles­field, on Septem­ber 9 af­ter re­ports a tree was on fire.

The fire was caused ac­ci­den­tally by a gas weed burner which was be­ing used near the conifer.

Frank is keen to warn oth­ers of the pos­si­ble dan­gers of weed burn­ers.

He said: “I pre­fer to use a weed burner over weed­killer be­cause it is far more eco­log­i­cal. I’ve been us­ing them for years with no is­sue, never re­al­is­ing what at­tended sev­eral fires in­volv­ing weed burn­ers and would al­ways urge ev­ery­one to read and take note of the safety in­for­ma­tion that comes with the de­vice.”

●● A fire­fighter at Frank Lowe’s gar­den in Mac­cles­field

●● The weed burner

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.