Macclesfield Express - - HOMES -

Q. A strip of coun­cil land at the side of my house has been left unat­tended for the past six years. It has be­come very over­grown and has turned into an unof­fi­cial dump­ing ground. I have ‘phoned and writ­ten to the coun­cil sev­eral times but noth­ing has been done. Are there any le­gal steps I can take?

A. You could pos­si­bly take out a civil ac­tion against the coun­cil for nui­sance. That would in­volve prov­ing that the state of the land in­ter­fered with your en­joy­ment of your own prop­erty. But the prob­lem would have to be very se­ri­ous for you to be suc­cess­ful un­less you could prove the tip­ping at­tracts ver­min and poses a risk to health. If that’s the case con­tact the en­vi­ron­men­tal health depart­ment, but in any event talk to your lo­cal coun­cil­lor about the prob­lem. ●●

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.