Con­gle­ton trip for Macc lads

Macclesfield Express - - SEARCH - BOXING

MAC­CLES­FIELD Boys’ Boxing Club re­cently took a squad of fight­ers to an event at Con­gle­ton Town Hall.

Harry Horne was mak­ing his de­but for Mac­cles­field in a skills bout with Tame­side Elite boxer Alex Davies. This was three by one minute rounds with re­stric­tions on shots through­out, en­abling box­ers to taste the feel­ing sur­round­ing boxing in front of a crowd.

Also up from Mac­cles­field in a skills bout was Tanagorn Nak­borka against Moss side fire sta­tion boxer Omer Ward.

Ward was the taller boxer and this proved to be an ad­van­tage for the Moss Sise boxer as both threw shots at each other.

The third round was the bet­ter round for Tanagorn as each boxer was al­lowed to throw at will and the Macc boxer threw some beau­ti­ful com­bi­na­tions but felt the pace at the end, which was a good les­son as he then re­alised he needed to work harder on his fit­ness in the gym.

Next up was Zac Jones, who, af­ter com­pet­ing in four skills bouts, was ready to make the tran­si­tion to a full con­test, against Tame­side Elite’s Ar­ran Davies.

Jones went to work, show­ing good tech­ni­cal boxing and catch­ing his op­po­nent with clean shots. As the bout went on Davies started to push on by smoth­er­ing Jones, and the Macc boxer went toe to toe.

The first and sec­ond round was quite even, mean­ing there was all to box for in the last and this was Jones’ best round.

He lis­tened to the coaches and moved well by us­ing the ring and catch­ing his op­po­nent with nice coun­ters.

The fi­nal bell rang and the judges were split in their de­ci­sion, but thank­fully for Macc it went in favour of Jones.

Last up and bout 13 on the night was se­nior boxer Ben Rowark, who was tak­ing on Court­ney Wal­lace from Moss Side Fire Sta­tion, who looked very slick and had good move­ment from the off. Rowark took a bit of time work­ing Wal­lace out as he slipped the punches and threw the coun­ters.

Once he had the mea­sure and the range though, he started to work on Wal­lace by push­ing him back and throw­ing big bombs that forced him to cover up.

Round two saw Rowark dom­i­nate by track­ing Wal­lace down and un­leash­ing com­bi­na­tions, mean­ing all Wal­lace could do was ride the storm and cover up as Rowark edged ahead on the score cards.

Round three saw Rowark step off the gas and al­low Wal­lace back into the fight but with around twenty sec­onds of the bout left, Wal­lace caught Rowark with a clean shot on tar­get and this ig­nited a bar­rage of shots from Rowark that bom­barded Wal­lace right up un­til the fi­nal bell.

The judges came to an­other split de­ci­sion, but Rowark was right­fully awarded the win to make it a suc­cess­ful night.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.