Macclesfield Express - - SPORT -

only way to be sure if the wiring is safe is to get a qual­i­fied elec­tri­cian to test it.

If your home does need rewiring, it’s eas­i­est to use an elec­tri­cian reg­is­tered with one of the Gov­ern­ment’s com­pe­tent-per­son schemes, such as NICEIC (www.niceic. com), as they can self-cer­tify that their work com­plies with build­ing reg­u­la­tions.

If they don’t be­long to such a scheme, you can get their work checked and signed off by a build­ing con­trol in­spec­tor (either from your lo­cal coun­cil or a pri­vate firm).

The key thing is to get a com­ple­tion cer­tifi­cate from a recog­nised body to prove that the elec­tri­cal work is safe and le­gal.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.