Macclesfield Express - - HOMES -

will, but you should keep your hus­band’s orig­i­nal will in a safe place, or with your own in case your chil­dren do need it when you die. face on to it. That could mean he may not be en­ti­tled to ac­cess on to your road, which could be why he hasn’t both­ered to fin­ish it off. You should get a clearer pic­ture of the sit­u­a­tion by look­ing at your deeds.


I AM be­ing taken to court by the coun­cil, who are my land­lords, be­cause I have got be­hind with the rent. I have agreed to pay off the ar­rears at £10 a week, and have been told I need not at­tend the court hear­ing. Is this cor­rect? IF you don’t at­tend the hear­ing it’s likely that the judge will make a sus­pended pos­ses­sion or­der. This means that, as long as you pay your rent and the £10 to­wards the ar­rears each week, no fur­ther ac­tion will be taken. How­ever if you de­fault on any pay­ment the coun­cil can in­struct the bailiffs to evict you. If you have good rea­sons why your rent is in ar­rears and wish to ar­gue that a sus­pended pos­ses­sion or­der should not be made you should at­tend the hear­ing. You may wish to dis­cuss this with a so­lic­i­tor be­fore the hear­ing.

Call SAS Daniels LLP Solic­i­tors on 0161 475 7676 or 01625 442 100. Visit www.sas­daniels. co.uk. If you have any le­gal ques­tions, write to Weekly Law and You, MEN Me­dia, Mitchell Henry House, Hollinwood Av­enue, Chad­der­ton OL9 8EF, or email legalline@ bt­con­nect.com.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.