Macclesfield Express - - SPORT -

you. You should pay the out­stand­ing amount, al­though you can­not in fact be taken to court un­less more than £350 is ow­ing, or a smaller sum has been out­stand­ing for more than three years. his needs, and whether th­ese can be met by the ser­vices cur­rently pro­vided. If your father did have to go into a home he would be ex­pected to con­trib­ute on a grad­u­ated scale if he has over £14,250. But while your mother is still at home the house it­self can­not be in­cluded in the equa­tion.


I WAS awarded com­pen­sa­tion for botched re­pairs to my kitchen by the small claims court. How­ever I’ve re­ceived no money and when the bailiffs went in they came away empty handed. What fur­ther mea­sures can I take to en­force pay­ment? YOU don’t say how much com­pen­sa­tion you were awarded, but it’s not worth throw­ing good money af­ter bad on a mat­ter of prin­ci­ple. There are sev­eral other meth­ods of en­force­ment open to you, in­clud­ing High Court En­force­ment Of­fi­cers, third party debt or­ders, charg­ing or­ders or even a pe­ti­tion for the wind­ing up of the com­pany or bank­ruptcy if the busi­ness was a sole trader. Some of the op­tions re­quire the debt to be for a min­i­mum value, for ex­am­ple £5,000 for bank­ruptcy. But all of th­ese mea­sures will in­volve fur­ther fees which you are by no means guar­an­teed to re­cover. If a size­able sum is in­volved and you think the de­fen­dant has the means to pay you, you should take fur­ther ad­vice.

Call SAS Daniels LLP Solic­i­tors on 0161 475 7676 or 01625 442 100. Visit­daniels. If you have any le­gal ques­tions, write to Weekly Law and You, MEN Me­dia, Mitchell Henry House, Hollinwood Av­enue, Chad­der­ton OL9 8EF, or email le­galline@ bt­con­

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.