Crew’s four hour fire fight
FIREFIGHTERS spent four hours battling a blaze in Poynton.
The crew from Poynton were called to a chimney fire which spread to a loft space on Lower Park Crescent at 1.30am on Friday.
Two seats of fire were found, one in the loft and the other in the chimney stack.
Crews used specialist equipment to cut away loft insulation and chip board to get to the area.
Chimney rods which spray a mist of water were also used to extinguish that blaze.
A thermal imaging camera was employed to check for spread of fire to neighbouring homes.
There were no reports of injuries.
For chimney safety advice visit: www. cheshirefire.gov.uk/ public-safety/home-firesafety-advice/ chimneys.