Macclesfield Express - - SPORT -

cracked and flak­ing paint on wooden doors, win­dows and sills can let in wa­ter, which even­tu­ally causes rot.

If the wood’s al­ready suf­fer­ing from wet rot, scrape out the worst of it, treat the rest with a wood­hard­en­ing liq­uid de­signed for wet rot, and fill with ex­te­rior wood filler – Poly­cell Poly­filla for Wood Large Re­pairs (from £9.99, Home­base) is a pro­fes­sional-style two-part filler that’s much eas­ier to use than most.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.