HOMES When one door closes...

Your home’s en­trance is im­por­tant on a prac­ti­cal and aes­thetic level. VINNY HI­RANI from Wickes of­fers some ex­pert ad­vice on both

Macclesfield Express - - SPORT -

or­der to close it per­ma­nently, and de­pend­ing on how long this sit­u­a­tion has ex­isted, your new neigh­bours may be able to in­sist that it should re­main open.

You need to take your ti­tle deeds to a so­lic­i­tor.


MY house is only 10ft from the road. I am sure the roots of the trees along the pave­ment are caus­ing cracks to ap­pear in the front of my prop­erty. Is there any­thing I can do? IF the trees are grow­ing from the pub­lic pave­ment they are likely to be the lo­cal au­thor­ity’s re­spon­si­bil­ity.

In that case it may be pos­si­ble to claim dam­ages from the coun­cil and ob­tain an or­der from the court to have the trees re­moved, al­though they will nor­mally be li­able for the dam­age to your prop­erty only if they were aware of the prob­lem.

If you have build­ings in­sur­ance you should con­tact your in­sur­ers and let them deal with the claim; al­ter­na­tively ask the high­ways depart­ment to come up with pro­pos­als to deal with the prob­lem.

Call SAS Daniels LLP Solic­i­tors on 0161 475 7676 or 01625 442 100. Visit­daniels.

If you have any le­gal ques­tions, write to Weekly Law and You, MEN Me­dia, Mitchell Henry House, Hollinwood Av­enue, Chad­der­ton OL9 8EF, or email

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.