Pig dead, woman in shock af­ter out­house farm blaze

Macclesfield Express - - FRONT PAGE -

A PIG has died af­ter a fire at a farm.

It is be­lieved the fire broke out from a heater which was used to keep adult pigs and their piglets warm in an out­house.

Fire­fight­ers were called to re­ports of a blaze in an out­house on Clarke Lane, Ker­ridge, at 6pm on Tues­day, March 8.

Crews from Mac­cles­field, Poyn­ton and Bolling­ton wear­ing breath­ing ap­pa­ra­tus used a hose reel and two main jets to tackle the blaze.

All an­i­mals were res­cued, ex­cept one adult pig, which died.

A middle-aged woman, un­der­stood to be the owner of the pigs, was taken to hos­pi­tal suf­fer­ing from shock.

An in­ves­ti­ga­tion re­vealed that the fire started when a spe­cial heater used to keep the piglets warm came into con­tact with some com­bustibles.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.